One Woman's Midlife Crisis...

This blog was created in order to share my experience of venturing through insanity and further into the outdoor adventures of backpacking, cycling and general merriment and well-being. First task at hand? Training for the Wine Country Century and AIDS Lifecycle.

Monday, February 8, 2010

On The Road Again

I am finally pulling myself out of my dreary winter blues and constant, rotating head colds and back onto my bike.

Today, I headed west on my new bike with my friend, Miles. We ventured from Santa Rosa, down the Joe Rodota trail to Sebastopol, continued west to HWY 116 and looped around back home down Occidental Road, Stafford Road and finally Hall Road until we met the bike trail again. An easy, quick ride was just what I needed to get my lungs working again, and work they did on the first half as we rode against an annoying wind only to be greeted with drops of cold rain on our way back into Santa Rosa.

Plans for this week include another "easy", 20+ mile ride tomorrow (Weds) and my first attempt at Chalk Hill Road in Healdsburg on Saturday.

Damn it feels good to be riding again.

No comments:

Post a Comment