One Woman's Midlife Crisis...

This blog was created in order to share my experience of venturing through insanity and further into the outdoor adventures of backpacking, cycling and general merriment and well-being. First task at hand? Training for the Wine Country Century and AIDS Lifecycle.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Riding, Riding, Riding and Running, Running, Running...

My friend and training partner, Amy, met me in Santa Rosa last night after work for another lovely ride on another lovely day. As she is having some pain from injuries (and preparing for surgery- no good), we decided to skip any climbs and just chat it up from the seats of our bikes.

We headed west on the Joe Rodotta Trail to Sebastopol, looped around to High School Road to Occidental Road, to Stafford and Hall Roads and back around to the bike trail to my house. This was the first ride in which I did not have to wear knee warmers or a jersey with sleeves and it was as lovely as can be.

Hooray!

This morning, I decided to mix things up and headed to Spring Lake after ditching my grumpy kids at school this morning. It has been well over a month since I set out in my running shoes, so I mostly walked and hiked the trails around the lake, running only about half of the 4 mile path. Lovely god damn morning, I tell ya. I am one lucky lady to be living in such a gorgeous part of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment