One Woman's Midlife Crisis...

This blog was created in order to share my experience of venturing through insanity and further into the outdoor adventures of backpacking, cycling and general merriment and well-being. First task at hand? Training for the Wine Country Century and AIDS Lifecycle.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm Sick. Poor Me.

I haven't been on my bike in a week.

It has been pouring buckets here over the last week so I decided to take a day to have some fun and get caught up on some yoga the rest of the week. I even took advantage of the downtime to trade in the fancy Tarmac for something I can actually afford to keep- a very lovely Specialized Allez! I went in to Norcal Bike Sport for my fit on Wednesday and will pick up my sweet new ride on Wednesday to hopefully take her out for a spin to Graton.




And I am sick. Poor me. Sore throat, headache, cough, sniffles and even a super fun new rash across my chest, under my arm and on my back. I thought I had poison oak a few weeks ago and the exact same rash reappeared with a vengeance after a night of tossing back wine for the first time in a month. My acupuncturist thinks it is stress-induced eczema. I think God hates me and suddenly and irrationally cursed me with a wine allergy. Boo Hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment