One Woman's Midlife Crisis...

This blog was created in order to share my experience of venturing through insanity and further into the outdoor adventures of backpacking, cycling and general merriment and well-being. First task at hand? Training for the Wine Country Century and AIDS Lifecycle.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What to Eat?

After getting my ass thoroughly kicked on Sunday's ride with nothing more than a Cliff Bar tucked away in the back of my jacket, I decided to head down to NorCal Bike Sport for some suggestions on what, exactly, I should be eating or ingesting on my rides.


Jen Toland, who fit me for my bike and who has been an otherwise immensely helpful staff member at NorCal, walked me to the snack section and did her best to explain all of the various products to me. I left with a bag of goodies (protien, carbs, electrolytes) which I intend to sample over the coming weeks.

I also picked up some toe warmers for my cold-ass feet and will be using them tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment